Your wedding beauty and fitness plan
He’s popped the question and you’re engaged. Congratulations!
There’s so much to think about when you first start planning a wedding. Setting the date, choosing a venue, deciding the guest list, scouting photography locations and finding the all-important dream dress.
It’s also important to consider a beauty and fitness plan
in the lead up to your big day. Starting early and maintaining a regular focus on your health and beauty needs will help you to avoid last minute beauty disasters! Here are our top tips for making sure you look your beautiful best on your wedding day:
• Start now: If you would like to lose weight for your wedding, start working towards this straight away. Although it’s true that some brides lose weight in the two weeks before their wedding due to stress, don’t put extra pressure on yourself by buying a dress two sizes too small! Whether you join a gym, book a personal trainer, or find a walking buddy – work out what your budget and schedule will accommodate and make time for regular exercise.
• Skin care
: It’s also important to embark on a skincare regime. Book yours
elf in for facials as frequently as you can afford them and complement these with treatments at home. Don’t forget, cleansing and moisturising should be done at least once a day and wearing sunscreen is critical to protecting your complexion.
• Body care: You should exfoliate and moisturise your entire body regularly, particularly if you’re considering a spray tan. Clogged pores will make your skin look dry and dehydrated and may cause patchy spray tans– never a good look at a wedding!
• Drink water: Drinking plenty of water will flush toxins out of your system and help your skin and hair to look their best.
• Take vitamins: Consider taking vitamins to boost your nutritional intake. This will also help to strengthen your immune system – nobody wants to be sick on their wedding day!
• Hair care: Book yourself in for regular haircuts, even if you’re growing your hair out. Removing split ends will encourage your hair to grow faster and keep it shiny and healthy. Your hairstylist will be able to recommend an appropriate at-home treatment so you can maintain your hair’s health between visits.
• Nail care: Regular manicures and pedicures will help to get your hands and feet in top condition. Once again, work within your budget and mix salon visits with DIY treatments.
• Teeth care: Your dentist will be able to provide you with information on professional whitening treatments if you’re considering this as an option. Alternatively, there are numerous whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes on the market which will brighten up your smile if used over a period of time.
Every bride wants to look their best on their wedding day, but it’s important to achieve this in a healthy and sustainable way over a sensible period of time. And don’t forget, a smile is the best accessory a girl can wear!